> Ron's: Engineer-to-be Geeking!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Engineer-to-be Geeking!

I always believe that engineers have some kinda geeky style..I wonder if I have that look..hmm..
Here in this post I'm going to show u guys what I did for this semester haha
I will be showing 3 of them..
1 of them which I have no picture of

The one without picture is the shake flashlight..the flashlight whereby u recharge by shaking it
There's magnet inside to induce flux and bla bla..that project is relatively simple but..needs proper assembly
That flashlight were successful but we have to take out the magnet for the use of other group
Sigh

The pic below is my band-pass filter..haha..no biggie
I totally copied the calculations from other group and the configuration is given in the questions
So all I have to do is to produce this circuit and show that it filters off other frequencies of signals and....blabla..haha!
This one is our small AC generator
Yea it looks kinda lousy cuz we didn't really put effort into this assignment
The goal is to turn that stick and show to the lecturer that the LED can be lighted up
The last one is the most complicated of all..Therefore, we took pictures with our lecturer haha
This stupid robot cost about rm200!! Mainly because of the trial and error of the components we bought
The motor driving this thing and the wheels alone already cost rm80

What does this robot do?
It moves and detect walls and edges. Whenever those are detected, it will move backwards and turn to the right
At the beginning, we were all stunned. How were we supposed to create this robot with zero knowledge on robotics?
The lectures help a little and the sources from internet doesn't really help us!
Luckily..everything is relatively simple..It's just that we couldn't understand
I also have the mindset that says
Don't say it's too hard..keep trying!
Lets see the operation of the robot =P
Ahh..proud of myself cuz I did the whole programming part =D

Oh..I created a flash file so that people won't be too lazy to click play hahaha

0 comments: