> Ron's: Famine 30, Thoughts

Monday, August 6, 2012

Famine 30, Thoughts

I just came back from this year's Famine 30!
Well...I'm not that excited actually..
Despite the many positive feedback saying this event is FUN, nice..and bla bla...
I have so far never heard of anything negative about this event.
After my experience for the past 2 days. This is by far the worst camping experience ever.

I went to a camp that makes u feel like ur're training to become a soldier..Mud is friend
I went to youth christian camps..Truly unforgettable
yeah~ I haven't been to many camps..so far..all of the previous camps I attended impacted me greatly that it's sad if I forgot the details of the experience.
This time..however...I'm trying to forget about it
It was okay though..Okay is the furthest I will go

My friends organize this camp..So I'm trying not to be too hurtful..I have thought about what I'm going to write and there was argument goin on within my head about what I criticize about the camp. Of course this is just my opinion..Doesn't necessarily mean this camp sucked for everyone.

Firstly, on the 1st day this camp made me felt like I'm there for their games...
There were 4 game sessions..
This..I don't blame them..They did try to tell about the focus of the camp..through videos and speech by the MCs
This camp focus is all about awareness of the hunger experienced by the people in other countries and encourage us to act on it..Well..to support them..they can't keep talking about this
15 mins talk about this topic..everybody is already yawning
It's just that..perhaps their games could be changed from "for fun" purpose..to something that can be more closely related to the main purpose of this event..
How did I know this failed? The 1st game..there are 10 game stations and when u reach the game stations..
They will ask u questions about Famine 30..
Our group can't even answer what is the main purpose of this event..what a waste of time!

Perhaps this is the MC's fault..there were 2 of them
Adui..if they wanna MC in English...at least don't choose someone who speaks English so broken that it really hurt my ears to listen to him..the other one is proficient..so no prob

2nd game session involve playing with water.. 1 of the stations..we each have to hold cups using our mouth..and transfer to the other person in a line..and fill up the water bottles provided..
This station really make me wanna say F damn loud.. We had to do this for 20 mins!!
It was fun for the first few mins...the rest of the time was just pain in the ass
We also had to refill the water ourselves..wtf? there were a few committees there..they wouldn't even do it..saying they will reward us points if we help them refill
Hello..we are supposed to play the game..not helping the committee do their stuff
The fat committee was just laughing there n pouring water on our heads =.="
They managed to screw up water games..transferring water using cups? can the game master draw up something more creative and interesting? Surely they can if they put more effort

Also...who wants to play rock paper scissors at our age? It was part of the games..
However...the 1st station for water game is fun..We had to play rock paper scissors..if we win, we can throw water at opponents..take the balloon and throw it at the tic tac toe on the wall..Well..if it's mixed in such creative way..I won't mind

They could easily organize games like Captain Ball..which is really fun!
I felt there was serious lack of creativity for the games

The 2nd day...which is today
It was really disappointing...not because LeeHom sang 1 song only..I'm not a fan..and I'm too tired to be hyping anyways..
The whole thing is just so...boring..Perhaps they could hire some really powerful motivational speakers instead of those darn celebrities to say things that could barely impact us.
I also realized that I can really sleep easily when they sing chinese songs..LeeHom's wasn't boring..
The others...are like sleeping pills..cuz chinese songs sound the same..zz
There wasn't much change of genre..The malaysian girl who sang the chinese main theme song was interesting though.
There was also a Myanmar boy who got so nervous he forgot what to rap hahaha...

My eyes didn't open after this event..I felt no "push" after attending this event..
So I guess..for me..this event is a failure and 30 hours have just turned into rubbish

The good side is I did get to know some new people.. We shared ghost stories and jokes..it was fun
but there's this guy...Oh Gosh..I feel like slapping even just looking at him..
He's so sissy! and they said he's like a joker..My God..He's a joke got lah
Maybe because his jokes are in chinese..I can't really get it..
but I would still love to punch him in the face for his very voice is so loud and annoying..
When playing a game..he was asked to go in front..
He carried a chair to the front passing by everyone sitting on the ground..which is completely unnecessary!
I was looking with O_O eyes and totally bewildered..I seriously wanna punch this guy that time zz

Before I end...yes..this event is rubbish for me..
but when I think about the purpose of this event..This event is not for self-enrichment/self-build..It's for u to realize how important it is to help others..So I guess u can't compare this to normal camps.. but I'm still not satisfied that the games had not emphasized the purpose of this whole event..not enough
If u want ppl to go to such thing..if u have an aim...Stick to it for God sake

Note: There are many place where they held this camp and experience at each place is different..1st day at other place may be fun for real..who knows..I'm not going to another camp!

If my friend is reading this...I'm sorry..this is just my opinion zz
As I said...other people may enjoy it

0 comments: